Today was the perfect day to whip up some veggie tacos in my house! There were lots of fresh veggies in the refrigerator so, I grabbed some, chopped them up, sauteed them and WOW! My mouth was so happy and thankful 🙂
Vegan cooking can be so simple, so cheap and so delicious! Plus you can eat so much more when you are eating fresh fruits and veggies! Sometimes I feel like I am hungry and eating all the time. But, I snack on carrots, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, raw almonds, apples, cherries and strawberries. When you snack and eat smart, you can eat so much more food! 🙂
Here’s the recipe for my veggie tacos from today.
Very Veggies Tacos
- 2 Carrots – peeled and chopped
- 2 Yellow Squash – medium sized, chopped
- 1/2 to 1 Yellow Onion – large diced, I went with 1/2 but it was a large onion
- 5 Cloves of Garlic – minced
- 1/2 Head of Broccoli – Chopped
- 2 Large Handfuls of Spinach
- Fresh Avocado Slices
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil for Cooking
- 2 Tbsp Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 1 Can Pinto Beans or 1 Cup Dry Pintos (before cooking)
- Toppings: Whatever you like, today I added 2 Tbsp Toffuti Sour Supreme, 1 piece of Daiya Vegan Cheddar Cheese, Diced Tomatoes and Salsa.
- 4-6 Soft Taco Shells
This recipe will definitely feed 2 people and possibly 3, depending on how hungry you are!
- Heat a medium sized skillet over medium heat until warm.
- Then add olive oil and wait until the oil is warm/hot before adding veggies and you don’t have to buy non-stick pans! Be careful no to get the oil too hot because it will scorch. You will know if it’s too hot because it will smoke and turn brown.
- Add all the veggies to the pan except the spinach.
- Once the onions begin to caramelize, add the spinach and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add Bragg’s Liquid Aminos, stir and cook for about 2 more minutes. Remove the pan from heat.
- In a small saucepan heat pinto beans while the veggies cook.
- When everything is done, grab tortillas and load them up with veggies, beans and toppings!
So yummy and good for you 🙂
Do you have a special Vegan Taco Tuesday recipe? If so leave it in the comments and maybe you will see it on the website next Tuesday! Did you make this recipe? Did you enjoy the recipe or add or subtract anything? Please try it out and leave comments below.
Be Kind to One Another!
Keli – The Alabama Vegan