This Taco Tuesday I’m actually going to give you the recipe for the vegan soft tacos I made Monday 🙂 They were SO good and it dawned on me! Vegan Taco Tuesday! This Vegan Taco Tuesday we have Keli’s Black Bean and Grounds Soft Tacos with Fresh Guacamole!
- 4 Ripe Brown Avocados – halved and pitted in their skins
- 1 or 2 Key Limes and Zest
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Cilantro – chopped
- 1/2 Cup Black Beans – Prepared or Canned, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 Cup Yellow Corn – Fresh Prepared or Frozen and thawed
- 3 Roma Tomatoes – Diced with seeds removed
- 1 Red Onion – Finely Chopped or Minced
- 2 – 4 Cloves Garlic – Pressed or Minced
- Salt to taste
- With avocado still in skin, cut into small/medium cubes and scrape into a medium bowl with a spoon.
- Add diced and seeded tomatoes, finely chopped red onion, black beans, corn and half the garlic.
- Mix, do not mash, but don’t worry if mixture breaks down some.
- Roll one key lime on counter to release juices, cut in half with a sharp knife being careful not to squeeze the lime. Juice lime into mixture and add zest from 1/2 of lime.
- Add cilantro and mix well.
- Let stand 10-15 minutes. Taste.
- Add salt and adjust lime and garlic to taste.
Keli’s Spicy Black Bean and Grounds Soft Tacos
- 1 Cup Dry Brown Rice
- 2 Cups Vegetable or Fake Beef or Fake Chicken Boullion
- 1 Can Organic Black Beans – rinsed and drained
- 1 Jar of Your Favorite HOT Salsa
- 1 Bag Gardein Vegan Grounds
- 1 Pack Taco Seasoning
- 1 & 1/4 Cups Water
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Soft Taco Shells
- 1 Jalapeno – diced
- Toppings: baby spinach or other greens, tomato, Tofutti Sour Supreme or sour cream, Daiya Vegan Shreds or other shredded cheese, black olives, salsa, hot sauce, homemade guacamole, jalapenos
- Prepare brown rice using whatever type of vegetarian stock you are using.
- Add grounds, pack of taco seasoning and 1 & 1/4 cup water to medium skillet over medium heat.
- Place black beans, 1/2 jar of salsa, few dashes or more onion and garlic powder, and just enough water to thin the mixture to a small sauce pot over low-medium heat.
- Bring grounds to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, or you will have a gritty taste from the taco seasoning. Add extra water if necessary.
- When everything is ready and hot, place soft taco shell over beans while still hot to steam.
- Prepare tacos to your liking.
For more heat, add more salsa, hot sauce or sriracha and jalapenos. Enjoy!
Thanks everyone! I hope you enjoy and please leave comments, share with your friends, give me some feedback!
Be Kind Everyone,
Keli – The Alabama Vegan