This Taco Tuesday I’m actually going to give you the recipe for the vegan soft tacos I made Monday 🙂 They were SO good and it dawned on me! Vegan Taco Tuesday! This Vegan Taco Tuesday we have Keli’s Black Bean and Grounds Soft Tacos with Fresh Guacamole!
- 4 Ripe Brown Avocados – halved and pitted in their skins
- 1 or 2 Key Limes and Zest
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Cilantro – chopped
- 1/2 Cup Black Beans – Prepared or Canned, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 Cup Yellow Corn – Fresh Prepared or Frozen and thawed
- 3 Roma Tomatoes – Diced with seeds removed
- 1 Red Onion – Finely Chopped or Minced
- 2 – 4 Cloves Garlic – Pressed or Minced
- Salt to taste
With avocado still in skin, cut into small/medium cubes and scrape into a medium bowl with a spoon. Add diced and seeded tomatoes, finely chopped red onion, black beans, corn and half the garlic. Mix, do not mash, but don’t worry if mixture breaks down some. Roll one key lime on counter to release juices, cut in half with a sharp knife being careful not to squeeze the lime. Juice lime into mixture and add zest from 1/2 of lime. Add cilantro. Mix well. Let stand 10-15 minutes. Taste. Add salt and adjust lime and garlic to taste. Enjoy!
Keli’s Spicy Black Bean and Grounds Soft Tacos
- 1 Cup Dry Brown Rice
- 2 Cups Vegetable or Fake Beef or Fake Chicken Boullion
- 1 Can Organic Black Beans – rinsed and drained
- 1 Jar of Your Favorite HOT Salsa
- 1 Bag Gardein Vegan Grounds
- 1 Pack Taco Seasoning
- 1 & 1/4 Cups Water
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Soft Taco Shells
- 1 Jalapeno – diced
- Toppings: baby spinach or other greens, tomato, Tofutti Sour Supreme or sour cream, Daiya Vegan Shreds or other shredded cheese, black olives, salsa, hot sauce, homemade guacamole, jalapenos
Prepare brown rice using whatever type of vegetarian stock you are using. Add grounds, pack of taco seasoning and 1 & 1/4 cup water to medium skillet over medium-high heat. Place black beans, 1/2 jar of salsa, few dashes or more onion and garlic powder, and just enough water to thin to cook in small sauce pot on stove on low-medium heat. Bring grounds to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer at least 10 minutes, or you will have a gritty taste from the taco seasoning. Add extra water if necessary. When everything is ready and hot, place soft taco shell over beans while still hot to steam. Prepare tacos to your liking. For more heat, add more salsa, hot sauce or sriracha and jalapenos. Enjoy!
Thanks everyone! I hope you enjoy and please leave comments, share with your friends, give me some feedback!
Be Kind Everyone,