- 1 Daiya Pepperjack Style Shreds
- 2 20oz Cans Green Jackfruit in Brine, (or 3lb fresh Jackfruit)
- 1 Onion – Chopped
- 2 Chipotle Peppers , In Adobo Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Adobo Sauce
- 10 Cloves Garlic
- 4 Tbsp Ketchup
- 1 Tsp Ancho Chili Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 1/4 Cup Water
- Salt To Taste
- Corn Tortillas
- Anything you wish to use for toppings: Tomatoes, Salsa, Guacamole, Spinach, Lettuce or Cabbage, Olives, Tofutti Better Than Sour Cream, Hot Sauce
- Drain the Jackfruit (if using canned) or clean the Jackfruit (if using raw).
- Add to a saucepan with 3 cups of water, bring to a boil over medium heat and boil for 10 to 11 minutes.
- Drain, shred with a fork and set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and a pinch of salt and cook Jackfruit until translucent. Stir occasionally, about 4 minutes.
- In a blender, blend chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, garlic cloves, ketchup, ancho chili, black pepper, cumin, coriander, oregano and ¼ cup of water until smooth.
- Add the blended sauce to the skillet with onions and cook until the sauce thickens and smells roasted. Stir occasionally, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the shredded Jackfruit, 1 cup water and salt to the skillet. Mix well and cover for 10 minutes.
- Stir, reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook for 15 minutes until the sauce reduces and the Jackfruit picks up the sauce flavor.
- Prepare Daiya Vegan Pepper Jack Style Shreds and toppings.
- Add Jackfruit to corn tortillas and add toppings.
Recipe Brought to You By Daiya
Inspired by VeganRicha
I hope you guys enjoy these jackfruit tacos! Please make these and let me know what you think. Did you like them? Would you change the recipe? Did you add anything or take anything away from the recipe? As always be kind to one another 🙂
Keli – The Alabama Vegan