It’s getting close to Halloween and I was planning to write an article about Vegan Halloween Candy when I read about the Switch Witch today! First of all, I am going to try to stick to everyday Halloween candy that you can buy in any store because it’s affordable and easy to access. However, I will also cover some all natural candies that will have affiliate links so you can purchase them from Amazon if you wish.
The Switch Witch is something new for me and I think it is a fabulous idea for all families! If you are vegan, trying to get your child to eat less processed sugars, if your child is lactose or gluten intolerant or has a peanut allergy, you can buy a Switch Witch. The idea is, you buy a Switch Witch and put it in your home to watch over your children for the entire month of October to look for good and naughty behavior.
Then your children go trick-or-treating with their friends just like every other child. Children don’t want to feel left out or like an oddball just because they eat a different diet. When your child comes home you can go through their candy and take away the non-vegan candy, or the chocolates or whatever you don’t want them to have, or all of their candy and give it to the Switch Witch. The next morning your child will wake up to new candy, a healthy treat, a toy, cash, or whatever you have decided upon in exchange for their candy!
You can then take their candy and do with it what you wish. Donate it, take it to the local YMCA, give it away in some fashion, which also teaches your children about giving to others! What an awesome idea!
Now let’s get started on the candy list and be sure to click the link any time for the Switch Witch! Thank you to PETA for part of this list and a quick Google search will lead you to page upon page of suggestions for more vegan candy!
Just so you can see what the Switch Witch looks like I will insert a picture here and you can click on it for more details or to purchase if you would like! They only cost $15.00 and I really think that is a fair price 🙂
Vegan Halloween Candy
There will be two groups of candy. The first group MAY contain white sugar, which MAY have been processed using bone char. So, it’s up to you to make the decision about whether or not you will allow your children to eat these candies. I am not saying bone char was used, I am saying I am unsure in these cases. If you are sure about any of these candies or treats, please leave a comment for me and I will be happy to make a change. Thank you so much! Again, I will provide affiliate links to Amazon so you can purchase some of the candies that you may not be able to buy at your local supermarket. I understand that some people have access to all of these brands all the time, however I am thinking of people like myself who have to drive two hours just to buy vegan yogurt or cheese! Thanks for understanding.
- Atomic Fireballs
- Brach’s Lemon Drops
- Cry Baby Hard Candy and Bubblegum
- Charm’s Blow Pops
- Dum Dum Pops
- Hot Tamales
- Jujy Fruits
- Mary Janes – Regular and Peanut Butter
- Now and Laters
- Oreos – regular only
- Red Vines
- Sjaacks (Some Vegan Products)
- The Humphrey Company Original Popcorn Balls
The second group of candies are 100% Vegan. The websites I found these on say they have checked with the manufacturers for gelatin, confectioners glaze, white sugar, honey, anything that would make them unable to be labeled vegan. So, here you go! There are affiliate links to buy some of the candy that is not mainstream if you would like to go that route. I don’t think it’s a bad idea, it’s a personal choice, and not all of it is pricey.
- Alter Eco – Salted Caramel Truffles – These are a bit pricey, but look amazing!
- Annie’s Organic Fruit Snacks
- Cracker Jack Original
- Dandies Vegan Marshmallows – My favorite on the planet! You can make treats with these as well!
- Enjoy Life Halloween Variety Chocolate Minis – unable to find product on Amazon now, but will keep looking. There are many other Enjoy Life products.
- Hubba Bubba Bubble Gum
- JJ’s Sweet Cocomels
- Jolly Rancher Hard Candies and Suckers
- Lucy’s Grab and Go Cookies – Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Lulu’s Vegan Chocolate Coins – Dark Chocolate – I am unable to find these on Amazon right now, however there are other Lulu’s Chocolates. I will check back.
- Obsessive Confection Disorder – http://www.obsessiveconfectiondisorder.com is where you can find divine vegan caramels, fudge and other treats!
- Sour Patch Kids – Original Flavor
- Squish Candies Gummies – https://www.squishcandies.com/en_us – scroll down and select vegan, you will be shown the vegan options! Easy!
- Surf Sweets Organic Fruity Bears
- Swedish Fish
- Sweet & Sara Marshmallows – (also delicious) http://sweetandsara.com/
- Sweet Tarts
- Yum Earth Organic Lollipops
I hope this list has been helpful and will make your Halloween easier and more fun! Please leave me some comments and let me know what you think. Also, let me know what you think of the Switch Witch! I will be posting some spooky vegan Halloween recipes as well! Happy Halloween!
Keli – The Alabama Vegan