ga('create', 'UA-98405718-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');
Hey you guys! Sorry this was not up earlier, but I have been busy getting so much ready for the site! So excited! Vegan Taco Tuesday this week is a Vegan Chick’n Hard Shell Taco with some Easy Vegan Mexican Rice from theSpruce.
Hard Shell Tacos and Chick’n
- 1 Pack Gardein Vegan Chick’n Strips- Slightly Thawed
- 1 Pack Taco Seasoning
- 1 & 1/3 Cups Water
- Pack Hard Shell Tacos
- 1 Can Pinto Beans- Drained
- 1 Jar Taco Sauce- However Hot You Prefer
- Mexican Rice- Recipe Below
- Toppings of Your Choice: Baby Spinach or Lettuce, Salsa or Pico De Gallo or Tomato, Tofutti Sour Supreme, Daiya Vegan Shreds, Olives, Sriracha, Guacamole
Easy Vegan Mexican Rice Brought to you by thespruce
- 1 Onion – Diced Into Small Pieces
- 3 Cloves of Garlic – Minced
- 1/4 Cup of Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Cups White Rice
- 3 Cups Tomatoes – Diced with Juice
- 1 & 1/2 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 2 tsp Salt – If Using Sodium Free Broth, if Not, No Salt
- In a large pan/skillet over medium heat, warm olive oil, then add onions and garlic and saute until the onions begin to soften, about 4 minutes.
- Add ginger, coriander, cloves, and black pepper and stir until well combined.
- Add rice and stir until well coated with spices.
- Add tomatoes, salt and broth and stir to combine.
- Bring to a low simmer, cover and simmer over low heat about 30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is completely done.
Add pinto beans and as much taco sauce as you would like to small pot over low-medium heat and warm.
About 10 minutes before the rice is done, Preheat oven to 375 Degrees F. Place taco shells on a baking sheet and warm for 5 minutes unless you like yours browned/burned. 🙂
GarDein Vegan Chick’N Strips
When you turn on the oven, mix slightly thawed Vegan Chick’n strips, taco seasoning, and 1 & 1/3 cups of warm water in a medium skillet over medium to medium high heat. Bring to a low boil and stir, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add water if the mixture begins to look dry at any time.
You can make Vegan Hard Tacos with beans, rice and chicken, then top or you can keep the rice or beans on the side, it’s up to you! Either way, your mouth will love you! Then top however you like and Enjoy!
That’s all for now folks! I have 10 New Vegan Smoothies for you and a review of two blenders. A List of “Hidden” Animal Ingredients in Vegan Food is ready for the site. I’ve also started my research on Vegan Protein Powder and that is one place you will commonly find hidden animal ingredients!
Until Next Time
Be Kind to One Another!
Keli – The Alabama Vegan