Lunch recipes need to be quick and easy because everyone is on-the-go. Here are 10 of the best, quick, vegan or vegetarian lunch recipes for work or school. Some of the recipes are made in the morning and some lunch ideas include using some ingredients you prepared the night before. Either way, as long as it makes a great, easy, healthy, vegan lunch, who cares? These are ten great recipes to get you through two busy weeks of school or work, two more and a month will have passed.
- Veggie & Hummus Wrap with Fruit
- Whole Wheat or Flavored Tortilla (Spinach, Sun Dried Tomato)
- Store Bought Hummus whatever flavor you prefer
- Veggies- spinach, avocado, tomato, carrot, mushroom, sprouts, cucumber, bell pepper, spicy pepper, basil, cilantro, etc.
Lay out tortilla, spread hummus, top with whatever veggies you like. Roll up tortilla. Cut in half diagonally. Eat with grapes, fresh berries, melon, or pineapple.
2. Pasta Marinara With Meatballs
- 1/2 Box Whole Wheat, Quinoa, Amaranth or other Penne Pasta
- 1 Jar Marinara Pasta Sauce (you can make your own if you prefer)
- Meatballs or Grounds by Gardein optional
Cook pasta as directed. Heat sauce with or without meatballs or grounds. Freeze or refrigerate leftovers. Take to work frozen or refrigerated depending upon what you have at work for heating/cooling food.
3. Simply Asia Noodles, Annie Chun’s or Thai Kitchen Noodle Soups
Add water and microwave or add boiling water. These come in Vegan styles, the boxes are labeled. They are inexpensive with lunch costing less than 3.00 including the fruit you should eat with this.
4. Chickpea Salad Sandwich from ItDoesntTasteLikeChicken.com
- 1 16oz Can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed thoroughly
- 2 Stalks Celery
- 1/4 of Medium Red Onion
- 3 Tbsp Vegan Mayo such as Veganaise
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- Dash of Black Pepper- to taste
Drain and rinse chickpeas thoroughly. Empty into food processor. Chop celery and onion and add to food processor. Pulse several times. Add remaining ingredients and pulse several times until everything is combined. Eat on whole wheat bread with toppings- lettuce or spinach, tomato, cucumber, avocado, etc.
5. 15 Bean Soup Leftover
- Bag of 15 Bean Soup
- Vegetable Broth
Cook 15 Bean Soup in slow cooker or on stove with vegetable broth instead of provided seasoning packet. Take leftover and freeze or refrigerate. Take leftovers to work.
6. Tofurky or Other Vegan Slices Sandwich
- Tofurky or other Vegan Slices
- Whole Wheat Bread
- Vegan Mayonaise
- Spinach, Avocado, Sprouts, Tomato, Pickles, etc.
Make sandwich as you prefer and serve with carrots and grapes.
7. Aegean Pasta Salad by the 4-Ingredient Vegan
- 8oz Elbow Macaroni or Penne Pasta
- 1 Can Chickpeas- drained and thoroughly rinsed
- 1 Jar 6.5 oz Marinated Artichoke Hearts- drained and chopped
- 1/2 Cup Canned or From a Jar, Roasted Red Bell Pepper- chopped
- 2 Tbsp Vegan Mayo
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Black Pepper
Cook pasta as directed and drain. Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl, mix well. Add pasta. Stir gently until thoroughly combined. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Make ahead of time, refrigerate overnight, take with you in the morning.
- Mixed Baby Greens or Baby Spinach
- Veggies- Carrot, Tomato, Onion, Baby Portabello (Cremini), Broccoli, Cauliflower, Alfalfa or Other Sprouts
- Fruits- Sliced Berries, Thinly Sliced Granny Smith Apple
- Protein- Drained and Rinsed Chickpeas, Sunflower or Pumpkin Seeds, Vegan Cheese Shreds
- Top with your favorite dressing
- 1 Block Baked Tofu
- 2-3 Tbsp Vegan Mayo
- Fresh Dill
- Splash Balsamic Vinegar
Crumble tofu into a medium bowl, add mayo, dill and balsamic to taste. You can add celery seed is you like. Eat on crackers or as a sandwich or in a wrap. Eat with carrots and grapes or strawberries.
10. Vegan Butternut Squash & Chickpea Coconut Curry from lowfatveganchef
Slow Cooker Recipe, Cook overnight and take to work in the morning.
- 1 Medium Butternut Squash
- 2 C Dried Chickpeas either soaked overnight or brought to a boil for one minute and then soaked for 1 hour and drained and rinsed
- 1 Medium Onion- Diced
- 2 Large Cloves Garlic- Minced
- 2 Inch Chunk Ginger- Minced
- 1 13.5oz Can Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 1 13.5oz Can Light Coconut Milk
- 3 C Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Yellow Curry Powder
- 1 Tsp Sugar or Honey
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 4 Large Handfuls Baby Spinach or 1 Bunch Fresh Spinach Rinsed and Roughly Chopped
- 2 C Frozen Sweet Peas
- 1 Tsp Sea Salt
Carefully cut skin off the butternut squash, remove seeds, cut into 1 inch cubes. To make cutting easier, you can slice it in half and microwave for 3 minutes then let sit before cutting. Next put all items excluding peas, spinach, and salt into slow cooker and cook for 8 hours. 20 minutes before serving add peas and spinach, stir until spinach wilts. Add salt to taste. Serve over Basmati rice. Make curry the night before. Finish last 20 minutes and make rice in the morning. Take to work and enjoy! Store the remainder.
Affiliate Disclaimer: If you purchase items through certain links on my pages, the cost of the item will remain the same, but I may receive commission. This allows you to find great products & me to keep working on & running this website!